Our new NowMedia Admin Assistant will be a task-person. A yes-person. A person not afraid to learn new things and get things done! We want to continue to grow and be better every day, and we need someone who is on board with these values and can do so in an organized, structured manner.
YOU ARE THE SUPERSTAR WE ARE LOOKING FOR IF...
- Our mission EXCITES you… We are storytellers making a positive change in our communities!
- You are hungry & eager to learn, grow & become #BetterEveryDay.
- You are extremely organized and know how to effectively get high priority tasks done without falling behind on lower priority tasks
- You are well versed in Social Media; you feel comfortable and able to aid in social posting, strategy and reporting.
- You have experience writing, creating content and executing tasks given to you.
- You are flexible and resilient when given multiple tasks at once
- You have the ability to "think on your feet”, and be proactive rather than reactive.
- You are reliable; someone we can count on to do whatever is asked of you
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Directly report to the NowMedia Operations Manager
- Contribute to our platforms by helping post content on the site and social media pages
- Communicate with clients, columnists and contributors on their NowMedia content campaigns
- Help organize events, sponsorships, meetings and presentations
- Report metrics on a weekly and monthly basis
- Assist Operations Manager in task management
- Assist in organizing events team summer schedule
- We like simple and clear around here... So we sum all of this up in three
Vital Functions that you will be responsible for:
- Being a swiss army knife team member - a jack of all trades!
- Assisting and reporting to the Operations Manager
- At the end of the day, being a reliable, honest and hardworking A-player.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU NEED
- Experience working with and creating documents (especially spreadsheets) through Microsoft Office or Google Sheets/Docs
- Proficiency with technology and computers, with ability to quickly learn new programs
- Full knowledge of social media platforms, specifically Facebook and Instagram
- Education in Journalism or Marketing is an asset
- Customer service, hospitality and/or administrative work experience
NOTE: SUPERSTARS ONLY
Please do not apply for this position unless you can prove to us that you are a great candidate for the NowMedia Admin Assistant position.
We are only after the best of the best, so if this is you please click here and submit your interest in the position.